15.12.11

Is WISHING "Merry Christmas" Haram in Islam?

Is it the season for us to be jolly?
I may be the typical girl who hums and sings to Christmas songs all year long, mainly because I find them amusing and cheerful. But today, a few minutes ago to be precised, I had the feeling to google this up on the net. Is it okay for us Muslims to do so, singing and saying and wishing and celebrating Christmas? 

I am not a person who has the right to say things about hukum and syarak, so I will just share with you some of my findings on the net. And I hope we can share our thoughts on this. Sharing is caring :) *lame* I've read a few forums and discussions on this topic, different people give different perceptions. 

Firstly, we need to know that Christmas is a celebration for the birth of Jesus, who is the son of God in the Christian religion. Having to know about the reason of the Christmas celebration, it is kinda obvious that this is religious festival, or is it not?

Here are the links if you wanna read them yourself, it's worth your time.
Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
 He begetter not, nor is He begotten; and There is none like unto Him. 

 Allah is the Almighty, He has no sons and daughters. Allah is the one and only. According to Christianity, Jesus is the only begotten son of God. Since this is considered as the biggest abuse to Allah SWT and Islam.

Celebrating Christmas, it's clearly is Haram. 

"Merry Christmas"; some say it is Haram, as it is like we are congratulating them for their beliefs that God has a son. Some say it's okay as Christmas trees, Santa Claus and reindeer and also exchanging gifts are just customs to make a fun and enjoyable season for all. 

Haram, Kufur, Syrik. Who I am to claim the hukum to this. But, it is better to prevent from doing so right? 
Festivals are the matter of religion and beliefs, no matter how worldly the customs are. Living in a multi-racial country like ours, we need to know the best way to respect and tolerate with others. The way that is acceptable to our religion. As we know, we need to give respect in order to gain it from people.

Let's change our way of greeting and wishing our fellow friends, how about "Enjoy your holiday!"

Fron my readings, it is clear that it is not a good thing. It is not good if we wish a Christian "Merry Christmas". I do not dare to say it is Haram myself, because I believe it depends on our nawaitu (niat), and also our beliefs from the heart .

Proclaim, "Oh disbelievers!"; Neither do I worship what you worship; Nor do you worship Whom I worship;  And neither will I ever worship what you worship; 
Nor will you worship Whom I worship; For you is your religion, and for me is mine.


Wallahualam. 

No comments: